White Ribbon Day is marked on 25th November along with a five day programme to raise awareness of domestic abuse. Jacs Wilson and Tanya Simpson have been talking to April Haywood about their roles as Domestic Abuse Advocates working across Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the events that will be part of the special week to highlight this important issue.
The week has the aim of raising awareness of Domestic Abuse, the Adult Safeguarding Team and Domestic Abuse Advocates are running 5 Days of Action starting on White Ribbon Day, 25th November, focusing on a different theme for each day:
– HHFT staff who may be affected by domestic abuse
– Male victims of domestic abuse
– Victims who have a learning disability
– The impact of domestic abuse in pregnancy, on children and families
– Domestic abuse in older people and those living with dementia
Jacs and Tanya say “We urgently need to work together to prevent violence and abuse and make sure our communities are safe for everyone. Look out for posts, articles and podcasts where you will find an array of information and useful links.”
The interview with April can be heard throughout the week on The Breakfast Mix, Morning Mix, Afternoon Mix and Evening Mix.